Wednesday, October 28, 2009

High Energy Day Wednesday

Wednesday seems to be 'my day'.

It's the day of the week where I don't feel as overwhelmed with expectations of myself. I've had 2 days to whittle away at the challenges of the week and I'm in the home stretch.

It's the day I return to the dance studio after a small hiatus from the prior week. As much as the upcoming dance showcase is draining my resources, being at the dance studio (dancing, surrounding myself with people who are there for the love of dance, laughing, moving to music and learning) fuels me.

Wednesday is the day that I feel in control of the week. My take-charge day.

Today, I plan to go to school and I'd love to take the exam I've been preparing for all week. I'm not sure if I'm ready, but I'll walk in the doors full of energy and confidence that I'll be ready to take that exam before I walk out of those doors today.

This afternoon, I plan to take control of the book keeping work that walked in my door Monday morning. I have the tools I need to complete the last job in the 'Pandora's Box' full of work that I opened a few weeks ago. I may not be able to complete this work today. But today is the day that I am going to control that work. It's not going to control me.

I have been out of the house too much lately. Last night, I had a nightmare that I had let My Youngest stay on his own all night. I need to be home more. Even though we don't spend our time side by side doing things together, there is a sense of security in knowing that we are under the same roof. Breathing the same air. A few steps away. My Youngest doesn't need much of me ... but he needs to know I'm here. I'm way out of my comfort zone with all the gallivanting that I've been doing lately. We are counting the days until our lives return to normal.

Today is the day. I need to make more days into high-energy-days. Wednesday just isn't enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment