Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Not Funny Any More

I've really tried to retain a sense of humor and a positive attitude about all that I am juggling in my life. But I'm not laughing right now.

When you are on the edge, it really takes very little to push you over. Last nights group dance lesson did it.

Not only did I not make the time to pick up the 'one final accessory' I needed for that costume (I honestly tried) ... but my feet hurt the moment I put on my shoes ... and I was 'out of my groove' right from the moment I walked in the door.

Then, the new top hats that we got for our routine were ready for us last night. We've been practising with hats that slip on and off your head easily. These new ones are felt lined and offer resistance, my hair was all over the place and I had the hat on sideways a good portion of the time. The hat was not working for me last night.

But, I trudged along.

Then ... the words I didn't want to hear. "Who's not available this Saturday at noon?" Extra lessons. Boy, do I need them! But, Saturday is the day I devote to my book keeping work in the hopes of taking Sunday off. I'll go. I'll do my books before and after. But I'm losing my sense of fun right now.

Today, I may have to take time out of my school day to pick up this 'needed accessory'. I found it on their Internet store and the price tag woke me up this morning. I heard the beginning (but not the end) of a conversation about the cost of the hats ... I think I owe more money there too.

I have my private dance lesson tonight. I wish I could just cancel it and wait for a day where I didn't feel so grouchy.

Oh well, on the bright side ... I start a new class at school today "Thought Patterns for a Successful Career." It is in a classroom setting and I will be around people for 2 hours this afternoon. If ever there was a day where I needed to be reminded of positive thought patterns, today is it.

I'm sure I'll be laughing about all of this before the day is over. It's all I can do (except scream, perhaps).

No comments:

Post a Comment