Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Official

"It is after much thought and consideration that I am officially resigning from 'My Place of Employment' as of November 1, 2009.

I thank you for the opportunities that I was given during my employment. I am grateful for the experience, the friendships, the support and encouragement which I felt throughout my career with the 'My Employer'.

Thank you."


I just hit the 'Send' button and sent off my formal resignation via email.

This marks the end of a 21 3/4 year career. Granted, I've been holding on by a thread the past 11 years. Between my maternity leave, a year leave of absence, working Saturdays-only for 9 years and my final year leave of absence ... one could hardly say that I've had much more than a very tenuous connection to my place of employment.

The past year has been a year of knowing. I knew that if I returned, it would be under duress. It was nice to know I had the ability to go back to work, as a back up plan. But it wasn't my first choice.

My first choice, is continuing to work as I have been the past 11 years. I'm a self-motivated and self-propelled type of person. It has served me well.

So ... I'm taking another leap of faith. This leap doesn't come with a safety net.

No comments:

Post a Comment