Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gifts

The best gifts of all, are the ones that are given freely and without forethought.

The gift of a favor to someone in need. The gift of a smile and cheery word to someone who looks a little blue. The gift of a good deed, a thoughtful gesture or an unexpected card.

There are gifts all around us. Our family, our friends, our homes that shelter us from the elements.

I do my best to appreciate all that I have been given and to do my best to give back, in kind. Every single day of the year.

So during this festive season, when it is tradition to exchange gifts and greetings I panic.

How do you find the gift that says all that you want to say? The more special the person, the harder it is.

So, to those who are special to me ... I apologize. I simply couldn't come up with the gift that says all I want to say. So I hope that I communicate it well throughout the year.

It is not the gifts one receives on a specific day that matters. It is the gifts that we give and receive every day of our lives.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

I have been given so very much. I will spend my life time trying to find a way to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment