Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Starting to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

A little bit of snow and cooler weather has put a little bit of 'Christmas' into my step.

I've had the house decorated for several days now, but finding a few treasures in amongst a box of decorations that I hadn't looked at until yesterday, added a little bit of wonder to my treasure cove of 'Gifts From Christmas Past'.

I have amassed quite a collection of Christmas decorations over the years. I don't spend money on decorations (just ask any of my kids, they will vouch for my Scrooge-like-ways when it comes to falling into the spell of Christmas marketing). But I have received many Christmas ornaments as gifts.

What I enjoy most, is my collection of angels. I have several angels that I keep on display year-round. I love the feeling of a world where I'm watched over by angels.

Each angel I've received has been a gift. Just like the angels here on earth, that gave them to me. My friends.

Many of my angels have a fibre optic light that makes them glow. I love the lights of Christmas ... my most special glowing angels are my favorite treat.

I have my favorite Rosie Christmas CD's in my car and I'm singing my way into the season. As I sat at a light yesterday morning, with my rockin' Christmas songs resounding within (and outside of) my car, a pedestrian waved at me as he made his way across the street. I smiled to myself and thought 'It must be the music' ...

There is a fluffy white ground cover this morning and it looks kind of pretty. Of course, the Scrooge in me thought 'Another chore to do tonight ... shovelling the walks'.

As I go about the chores that this season brings, I will keep my heart full of the gifts of this season. As I gaze into my china cabinet that displays my many Gifts From Christmases Past, I will think of the friends and family that are sprinkled throughout my life.

I have a specially decorated Christmas tree ornament that I have placed in a wine glass to give it the attention it deserves. A handmade ornament that says ''Special Friend''. I gaze up to the top shelf where I have my family photos displayed. And beside one of my favorite photos of my sisters and me, I have a tiny little angel that says "My Sister, My Friend".

I am graced by many gifts. None of which come wrapped in shiny paper. It is my friends and my family that make this season special. They are the gifts I treasure every day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment