Monday, December 7, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life

I just lived one of the most enjoyable weekends ...

I spent Saturday afternoon with Second Son as he took me out to see his land acquisition. I can see his vision ... clearing out the old and starting over. The new house with the windows ... the view. It will take a while to get from 'here' to 'there'. But if anyone can do it, he can.

Sunday was a day spent immersed in Christmas and family.

I love the connection that I have with my adult children. They are as individual as their finger prints. And though they are polar opposites in many ways ... there is a connection that is starting to take hold.

I hear it when Second Son sides with his brother and reminds me of 'the man's point of view'. I see it when I tell my Oldest what his brother has said to me. He sits a little taller and there is a twinkle in his eye as if "Ya ... he gets it!" and he knows that he has an ally at his side.

Our family is going through an interesting time. It seems that each of us is bringing our strengths to the table to help a family member in need. We are unique in our viewpoints but united in our end goal.

It took a crisis to get our family to this point. A crisis that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I wish that the situation that united us could be erased. But that is not the case. So our little family has become united in our mission to ease another through a painful experience.

My family hasn't always had this united front. If there is one positive that has come out of a bad situation, it is the fact that I have 'regained a son'. We were lost ... but now we are found. We are family.

It is a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment