Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Lost Day

Some lazy days are much needed and appreciated. Others ... are wasted.

Yesterday, I lost a day. I accomplished less than nothing. I believe that I moved backwards, if that is possible.

Food ruled the day.

"I'll just toast those last two slices of homemade bread and then I'll start to work ..." Then: "I'll just make myself a BLT sub sandwich for lunch ..." Then: "I need something sweet to top that off ..." Then: "Hmmm .... I'll just polish off the last little bit of chips ..."

Then ... I grabbed my book and headed towards a comfy couch. But before I dozed off, I had a nice, healthy serving of ice cream with M & M's ...

When I started moving again, what was I thinking about? Food. "I'll just have some nachos with cheese, sour cream and salsa before supper ..." Was I hungry for supper? No. But the momentum of putting my hand to my mouth had begun. It ended at supper time.

And how do I feel this morning? Gross beyond belief.

I'm having a food hangover of major proportions. What am I thinking this morning? "I'm not going to lose another day"... and the cravings are gone.

I shall write yesterday off and start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment