Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Off and Running

As much as I didn't feel ready to face up to the world yesterday ... I did it anyway.

My mind is busy, busy, busy with all the little things that I must tend to for this upcoming dance competition.

My ball gown is dropped off and getting a new zipper. Extra dance lessons have been booked (I was working on my sleep deprived brain and forgot to multiply by two to come up with the hourly rate - I have booked hour long lessons instead of my usual half hour lessons for the next month, so I owe some big bucks there ... but that's okay). New shoes have been ordered (with a half inch shorter heel and exactly the same style of shoes I've been dancing in for the past decade or so, so my feet should be happy). We talked about my hair (I'll be off to my favorite hair dresser with pictures in tow very soon). I still have one more costume to figure out. Oh, and I must pay for all of the above.

But other than that ... all I have to do is learn, practise and dance! Yee haw!!

School was very painful for me yesterday. I was exhausted beyond words. Tiredness and sitting still are not a good combination for me. I thought I'd cut my day short so that I could face my work at home ... except there was a large group of new students getting signed in on the computer that I must use to sign out. So I waited. The noise from this large (it felt like at least 20 loud adults) group was so distracting that the last hour of my day was a complete and utter waste. I just wanted to go home.

Once I did return home, the book keeping part of my day was ready and waiting. Work that I hadn't finished off during my holidays. And more work en route.

I had the kitchen table literally covered with invoices that I was ticking off to year-old statements. I had a small pile of questions to ask my employer. I had to leave for my dance lesson in a half hour and I hadn't rounded up any supper for My Youngest. Then another box of work got dropped off (statements - a time sensitive task which cannot be delayed) ... and my Second Son was excitedly telling me of his upcoming holiday plans right in the middle of this chaos in my mind, the kitchen, the living room and my evening.

My head was all over the map. I needed to feed My Youngest before I ran out the door ... I had to find some semblance of order in the chaos on the kitchen table ... I had more work to do when I returned home. Aaack!

But ... I was going dancing. I remained somewhat calm (my Second Son is probably hurt because his exciting holiday plans were glossed over in this turmoil in my brain). I skipped supper. But I danced.

Dancing. It makes a stressed out day so much more bearable. And the bonus?? I have 2, one hour dance lessons to anticipate each week for the next month.

It's going to be a busy month. But it's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment