Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Morning Perspective

This morning, I woke up remembering the most perfectly wonderful dream.

I was dancing. Dancing carelessly and free in an open field. I was dancing with my dance instructor and we were laughing. We were dancing on air. Literally. We made two turns in the air.

Then ... we hit 'the wall'. We were beside a school building and he taught me a new dance pattern. Back to earth. Back to learning.

But the fun and the joy I get from dancing. They were such a part of my dream. Even when we settled down to learn something.

Then ... I woke up.

The lightheartedness of my dream was still wafting within. But my thoughts returned to real life. What should immediately come to mind? Family. My family ...

I have been wandering through my morning thinking only of family. My sister's family to be specific. I can't stop thinking of what they are going through right now. Yet the light and airy feeling of dancing is still in the background.

Such it is with the way I am feeling about life right now.

I am dancing on the clouds right now. But underneath it all ... my family is the backbone to everything that I am. I can't imagine where I'd be without them.

Family first. Dancing? It's a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment