Thursday, March 25, 2010

This Little Piece of 'Happy'

I know that I'm living the good life.

I may not wake up in the morning and leap out of bed because I'm over-the-top-excited about my day to day life. But I don't dread it either.

I've made choices that determine what my day has in store. I'm content with where I'm headed, even though the road is fraught with curves and detours. I'm not focused on the destination (though I have a general idea where I'm heading) ... I'm enjoying the voyage.

In the past, I have woken up with dread. I know the difference. I don't have that heart-in-the-chest sensation because my day is full of stress. I don't want to stay in bed because I can't bear the thought of what lies in store.

I awake and know that the day ahead of me is one that I'm grateful to be living. It's not all fun and games. My life is a balance of work and play; family and friends; busy-ness and time to tend to myself ...

I carry a little piece of happiness within me, where ever I go. And it feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment