Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Time of Great Calmness

My head has been up in the clouds these past weeks and I overlooked something. Something important. I have stopped spending money.

I've went out for supper ... twice. I have bought Pringles (much more than twice). I've paid for dance lessons. But other than that? Bills, groceries, gas and necessities of life.

Wow!

My credit card needed the break. I believe if the ATM machine had the ability, it would have flashed across the screen "Are you sure?!?'' Cash vanished. My bank balance went down. My credit card balance went up.

But, these past few weeks? Calmness reigns. Within my soul. And within my cheque book register.

The Time of Great Spending is behind me. It was fun while it lasted. But the Time of Great Budgeting must take precedence.

This is a Time of Great Calmness. I am fulfilled within. I don't need to fill the void with a great deal of spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment