Friday, March 26, 2010

Who Knew?

I don't know what my most prevalent thought is this morning.

I usually have a central theme running through my mind when I sit down in front of this screen and my fingers take care of the rest.

This morning? A kaleidoscope of thoughts ...

Private Practice. I just finished watching an episode that I taped last night. The story line, the writing and the acting move me. I love it when a piece of fiction gets under my skin and stays there. All of the 'artists' involved have done their work.

What resonated with me after I walk away? The scene of one of the central characters laying down beside 'the one she cares for' in exhaustion. That scene. Two people. A couple. Living an ordinary moment ... together.

What scenerio rewinds in my head in my own life this week? One sentence in a letter I received from my sister-in-law this week "I have a male friend, Police Officer, that would is crazy about ballroom dancing, I know you would love him ..."

I try to superimpose 'a relationship' into my life ... and I can't quite see it. What is the biggest obstacle? Me.

As I tried to visualize the idea of adding someone-who-could-be-special into my world, my fear is that I would lose myself.

It's not going to happen. I am not going to get lost again.

The other thing? A relationship? I thought I was over the idea of that. But it turns out, that I'm not.

I'm not actively seeking anyone. But if I should stumble across someone who makes my knees shake, in the course of living the life that I am leading? I would look twice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment