Saturday, April 17, 2010

Inner Sunshine

I'm basking in 'happy'.

I believe the happiness seeped into my inner being with my first step into the dance studio Thursday night. I am transformed within the walls of that magical place. Everywhere I look, I see people smiling and enjoying themselves. Moods are contagious. And I love what I catch every time I walk through those doors.

I was at school yesterday when I consciously realized that I was brimming with joy. Joy over nothing. Another regularly scheduled school day. Actually an extra day because I had to make up for the hours that I missed last week. But the day passed easily.

I'm working on a course called 'Job Search and Resume Writing'. The first chapter guides you through the process of writing about yourself. It focuses on your positive qualities. I believe it is the first step to writing a resume. To focus on what you know, do well and enjoy. When you start zeroing in on those qualities, you sit a little taller and smile a little brighter. I believe a person should focus on the positives in life. Yourself included.

I came home to find my Middle Son celebrating a most wonderful day. All the pieces of his new business venture are falling into place and it sounds like things are revving up. He's got work lined up and is ready to go full speed ahead. I wanted to sit and revel in his joy and celebrate right along with him. But I had work to do ... a child to tend ... and he was with his friend.

He's faced some challenges these past weeks, but he's coming out on top. His positive attitude and willingness to work through the tough spots (literally ... he has been spending all of his energy working at his farm) is prevailing. I find myself wanting to be around him, absorbing his energy. It's contagious.

I sped through my after-school chores and cleaned the house with ease. The next thing I knew ... the house was clean, my daycare child was picked up and I was sitting quietly in the living room reading a book as My Youngest was diligently conquering his newest computer game challenge.

We basked in the simple nothingness of that moment for quite some time. Eventually, we headed off to Walmart and picked up a few needed items, a cheap movie and supper. I can't remember the last time we spent such a simple, quiet, enjoyable evening together like that. I felt happy, happy, happy!

I woke up with so many thoughts that I had a hard time pinning down a theme for this post. It was only a few short days ago that I felt low and gloomy. It is like I'm basking in the glory of the rainbow after a storm. The simple things are so much brighter because I have the contrast of a spring storm to compare it to.

We wouldn't appreciate the sun without the clouds. The cycles of life. Day follows night ... spring follows a long winter ... and when we are lucky, there is a rainbow after a storm.

No matter where you are in life, remember: "And this too, shall pass away ..."

P.S. Yet one more coincidence??? Here's my post from one year ago today (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment