Thursday, April 8, 2010

Loose Ends

I've spent the past few days dealing with loose ends.

I've had a good deal of things-to-do in an almost-done state. The act of completing a task and swiping the table clean (literally, since I usually keep that-which-is-unfinished in a pile in plain view, to remind me that I still have to do it) is liberating.

Instead of feeling like I have the energy draining out of me, I am energized. That energy spent on not doing things has been wasting a lot of my resources lately.

I continually remind myself that I have to ''Just Do It!" ... yet I don't follow my own advise. Why don't I remember how great it feels to wipe the slate clean?! But I do remember. I just get lost in the fine art of procrastinating and it drains me.

Today ... I am energized. The table has been cleared of those pesky to-do piles of work.

I have another pile that I've hidden for a while. It's time to spend some of that energy on my dad's family history. Not doing that has been exhausting.

It is time to deal with a few more loose ends.

Maybe tomorrow (here we go again) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment