Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No News is Boring News

It's been a quiet news-week at our house. The only breaking news-story is:

  • Our dryer died late Saturday night.
  • Ever hopeful that it could be revived one more time, I called an appliance repairman early Monday morning. Only to discover that is terminal. It needs a new motor. They stopped making motors for this dryer. This news flash cost $65.95.
  • I don't enjoy life without a dryer. Youngest Son had a friend sleep over two nights ago. I have yet to put away the air mattress and bedding. Why? Because I always wash (and dry) the sheets and 'fluff' the comforter. The hamper is full. I am paralyzed.
  • I don't remember to clean the cat litter when I am not drawn to the laundry room to remind me of this daily chore. Our cat is thinking about moving out.
  • New dryer verses used dryer verses repairing the old dryer with a used motor. Oh, the dilemma.
  • Repairing the old dryer with a second hand motor has won. Primarily, so that I can put my $65.95 service call charge towards the final bill. Secondly, because it will be half of the cost. Thirdly, I am still in financial disrepair since the Great Dance Adventure. So frugality must prevail.
  • I am awaiting the return call of my appliance repairman. The clock ticks. The dirty laundry piles up. The cat litter is forgotten.
  • I am grateful that there is no school this week. My Youngest wears shorts and muscle shirts when he is indoors. Winter or summer. He has one week's worth of these outfits. Long pants? Two pairs.
  • I am hoping, wishing and praying that we get our dryer fixed today. I'm in laundry withdrawal. I need to catch up!
  • So much for saving up for Great Dance Adventures, a new (used) car and an Alaskan Cruise. I need to start up a Dryer Fund.

That's it for news. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some other topic stuck in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment