Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reality

As the real world descended upon me yesterday, I started looking at the events of the weekend past from a different perspective.

I started rewinding the tape.

I took a most excellent day and I dissected it until I brought myself down to the person that I'm trying not to be. I was second guessing, reexamining and wishing I could 'redo' parts of the day.

But I can't.

All I can do, is 'pay it forward'. I'll take those things that I wish I had done differently and do them better the next time. Because there will be a next time.

In the mean time, it is back to the real world. At least until I start collecting more memories from my dad's family and friends. Then I will have the pleasure of immersing myself in the past.

It's nice to have some diversions from the daily grind. April is full of them for me. It's a good way to live. Reality grounds me. Plans, hopes and dreams keep me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment