Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The End of a Season

Finally. It's over. The season finales have all wrapped up. Dancing with the Stars has awarded their Mirrorball Trophy. My life can go on.

At the onset of the new fall season, I didn't think that I would have time to watch all of my favorite shows. I had just started school, I had the lofty goal of logging 20 hours per week doing my bookkeeping and a dance showcase was on the horizon (of course I would be practising for that ... ya, right).

As it turns out, not only did I have time to watch all of my favorite shows ... but I found a few new ones to add to the mix. I became a TVaholic when it came to my shows.

I have wasted so much time these past months it isn't funny. It's time to turn off the TV set and get on with life.

I have so much to do that doesn't revolve around making time to watch those silly programs. I need to motivate myself in the evenings and move a few mountains around here. I have a long list in my mind, of things that must be tended.

It's time to pry myself off of the couch and get busy! After rereading my journalling as I mended a fractured heart (not surgery ... just love gone awry) three years ago, I marvelled at my ambition. I painted my way through it. I painted everything that I could reach outside. It was pure therapy. Plus I accomplished a lot.

I hate to think that I need to find an excuse like that to get motivated again. How about I do it because it needs to be done? Or because of the way it feels to accomplish something? Or because it feels good to move ... not just sit still in front of the television set (or computer) and let my life pass on by?

I'm grateful that my favorite shows are all on hiatus. I hope to keep the TV turned off for the summer season. It's time to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment