Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Journey Back to Dancing

More reflections from my three year old 'journey' back into living my best life:

June 3/07 - The first 3 years of dancing were complete and absolute heaven. I was able to take a step away from my family and home responsibilities. I could remove my 'mother hat' and simply become an adult dancing with and conversing with other adults about adult things (mostly dancing). I have never been happier. My Instructor was/is the best instructor for me. He could make me laugh when I felt like crying ... I could lose myself in the dance the moment I put on my dancing shoes. It was the best of times!

June 21/07 - There is/was a dance at the studio tonight. At one point I thought I would go. But by the time tonight rolled around I knew I had no desire. I have the cloud over my head again and I have promised myself that when I walked through the dance studio's door, I would leave the doom and gloom behind. Last months dance was the best ... and I'd rather leave it at a positive memory.

Aug 16/07 - I'm exhausted tonight ... last week all I could think of, was going to the dance at the studio tonight - to get me out of the house, around people and moving. As the day neared, my desire to go waned.

Aug 19/07 - I want to dance!! And I want to be a person in my own right in the studio. I long to be part of the group ...

Oct 21/07 - Thoughts of the dance showcase drifted in and out of my consciousness and they were all so very good. Memories and feelings of the good times I had at those showcases .... where they would be in their day, as the day unfolded .... my desire to return and rekindle even a small part of that ... ... ... It was all so very positive. Everything remained in perspective.

Nov 2/07 - A nice quiet evening at home .... it dawned on me that there was a dance tonight ... but even if I had really wanted to go, I really wouldn't want to spend the money. It would be fun to dance again though .....

Nov 15/07 -There was a dance at the studio tonight and I would have really liked to have gone. Talking to My Instructor last week and having some birthday money to splurge with has piqued my interest about dancing once again ... Money is my biggest worry at the moment. And it's not a huge worry ... just feels like a bigger deal, because I am ready to dance again.

Dec 12/07 - Dancing continually pops into my mind. That is a constant. I'd like to go back ...

Jan 11/08 - I'm back. Loving it, loving it, loving it!!!! It felt great to walk back through the doors to the dance studio. I felt welcomed, happy and simply glad to be back. It was like riding a bike ... we just started dancing and danced the 1/2 hour away. Fun! Fun! Fun!! I was stretched and stressed to my max when I quit my lessons last February. Now ... I feel relaxed and enthusiastic. A much better recipe for success.

And the rest ... is history!

My journey back into dancing brought the bounce back into my step, a twinkle in my eyes and a heart that beats to the tempo of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment