Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why I Get Lost in the Blogosphere

I have my little routines that I follow every morning. I make my morning smoothie (as I have done almost every morning for the past nine years). I make some coffee. Then I sit down at the computer.

I have a long list of favorite blogs that I follow each morning. Some of them come and go. Most stay. I find a few more gems to add to the list along the way. I like the way these real-life-people in real-life-circumstances make me think.

Some have survived unthinkable tragedies in their lives. They are hero's to me in some fashion. Strength through adversity. A quick wit. Interesting writers. Most of all ... they open my eyes to the undercurrents that are going on within everyone I meet.

I have gained an empathy for those going through things that I have never experienced.

There is a heightened realization that everyone has a story. You just doesn't know what another person's story is. Whether it is a friend, a stranger or someone you think you know. There is much more going on underneath the surface.

I look around me and I am continually reminded how fortunate that I am. I live a quiet existence, with little to no drama. My little world ... our home ... is an oasis. No matter what is going on in the real world, I come home and I'm strengthened by what I feel inside of our walls.

I usually walk away from my morning visit with my favorite blogs, with a renewed sensitivity. I face the day knowing that I will be crossing paths with many people who have their own 'story' playing in the background of their day.

I start my day with quiet reflections.

These are a few of the thought provoking sentences that I came across this morning:

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” – Norman Cousins

"If you had your life to live over again, would you change any of it?"

I thought this morning's blog would be based on one of these topics. The statements I stumble across inspire many of my own stories.

But instead, I thought I'd pay tribute to the every-day-people who impact my day. Without knowing it, these bloggers have made me stop and reflect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment