Saturday, June 19, 2010

Return to the 9 to 5

My mind has been fast forwarding to what I expect it to be next month. One job. No school. Working out of my home. Choosing my own hours.

I can work 9 - 5 ... or 7 - 3 ... or 7 - 5, 4 days a week and 3 days off. I can put in a few extra hours here and there so I can maintain flexibility in my days. I can work here and there and everywhere. As long as I log my hours.

Gone are the 11 hour days of my daycare life! Working a second job on Saturdays is a thing of the past. I'm weeks away from a life of school during the day and bookkeeping in the evenings and weekends.

Back to a life where I have time and energy to focus on necessary things like cleaning and maintenance; fun things like going out with a friend on the spur of the moment; rewarding things like (finally) working on my dad's family history book; and relaxing things like sitting on the deck on a warm, sunny day with a book and a cup of coffee.

I look at my life before My Youngest was born. I reflect on the life that I've lived since he was born. I look at where my life is going.

I keep outgrowing things. I outgrew my banking job and grew into being a stay-at-home-mom. I outgrew the daycare world and grew into a new work-from-home-career. I plan on this new career to simply be the next stepping stone to where I go from here. The Bed and Breakfast ...

Ahhh. The good life. I can almost reach out and touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment