Sunday, June 20, 2010

There's No Stopping Now ...

It all started by cleaning one small cupboard. Then I just followed the path of dust, dirt, hair and paint chips. There is no end.

I have become strangely energized by the fact that I believe that I'm on the cusp of finishing school months ahead of schedule. This is even more exciting because I have been planning my holidays around the two week school break (which starts on Friday). Plus I have a full-time job awaiting my return.

This is beyond energy. This is ambition. I'm cleaning with a purpose.

Every cupboard I open needs to be cleaned, culled and organized. There are so many chips in the paint around here that I don't think a quick touch-up will cut it any more. The windows are so dirty that I have an automatic sun shade (and what's so wrong with that, I wonder?). The dust bunnies are growing dust bunnies. It's bad.

Ever since I started school in September, I have been letting this mess amass. I wonder if I left my money sitting alone in my bank account, if it would have the same effect? It's the same principle - if you don't leave an object alone, something accumulates. Whether it is interest or dust or clutter.

I could barely sleep the past few nights. Now that I've started, I don't want to stop. Thus ... a very short post this morning. I've got work to do (and I'm lovin' it)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment