Friday, July 23, 2010

Dancing Verses Groceries

The week has felt very uneventful and my words are redundant. I'm going in circles and writing about it. How tedious.

So I'll write about what I enjoy the most. Dancing!

Last night was 'dance night'. This is the first time in forever, that I had an excess amount of time before my lesson. I was waiting and watching the clock for the better part of the afternoon, as I counted down the hours.

I actually practiced! I found some Samba music and tried to incorporate bits and snatches of my routine to the beat of the music. I turned on the music and tried to work on the little bit of technique that should be habit by now.

By the time my lesson rolled around, my head was into the dance. It made my lesson feel ever so much more productive. I know that I have far to go, but I took a few steps in the right direction yesterday.

At the moment, my budget is looking very, very scary and I'm wondering what corners to cut. Dancing? Socializing with the friends I've made at the dance studio? I've often justified the high cost of dancing by the fact that I don't have a social life. Now? I seem to have a little of each. What is a girl to do??

There is only one solution. Cut back on groceries! A girl's gotta dance, doesn't she?!

No comments:

Post a Comment