Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Sister

My sister ... my friend ... my hero ... the one I look up to. Where would I be if I didn't have you at my side as life doled out its fair share of surprises?

I'm glad that I don't have to know the answer to that because I have been blessed with one of the best Big Sisters this world has to offer.

My sister has always had the uncanny ability to know what I was feeling. I didn't have to say a word ... and she knew. For a young child who didn't voice a lot of what I felt, my world was a much better place because I knew my sister understood me.

The nine years that separate my sister and me have all but vanished. Her youngest child is two years younger than My Oldest. Being parents definitely helps to bridge the gap, but we became something far beyond co-conspirators in parenting. We became friends.

Conversation comes easy. We laugh, we confide, we share and we care. I look around and know that I am not the only lucky one ... her children, her friends, the rest of her family ... we are all blessed.

"I'll be forever thankful ... You're the one who held me up ...
... You were my strength when I was weak. You were my voice when I couldn't speak.
You were my eyes when I couldn't see. You saw the best there was in me ...
... You gave me faith 'cause you believed ..."


Happy Birthday, Sis!
I'm glad we have a special day set aside to remind us of how special you are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment