Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And Then I Danced ...

I'm not sure of the exact moment of my return to calmness a few days ago ... but I'm guessing it was right around the time that I booked my dance lessons for the month.

I have been fighting the reality (which is my budget) that dance lessons are truly a luxury item right now. Something which I should most likely cut from my expenses. But the thought of that?!? Stresses me out.

Yes, I believe that my coping mechanisms all started breaking down when I started imagining my life without dancing.

I started obsessing about groceries, money, budgeting and the limitations of my new pay cheque. Because something has to happen. The expenses must go down ... or the income must go up.

Then ... I booked my dance lessons. I was back in my happy place.

The magic of the dance studio, the good humor of my dance instructor, the music, the challenge, the movement, the dancing ... and the laughter.

Oh, the laughter!

I forget who I am, when I am in the dance studio. My instructor works his magic and then insists that I dance.

I raced into the dance studio last night with a busy brain and a racing heart. But the moment I walked through the doors, I forgot everything else. I had arrived on time and intact. I was ready.

And then we danced ...

No comments:

Post a Comment