Monday, September 20, 2010

Resetting My Time Clock

Today was a great day! I'm writing in the evening because I've 'reset my clock' a little. At least for today.

This was day #1 of my new energetic fall schedule. I fooled myself into putting in a full and productive work day before I set out for my evening of energetic exercise (Zumba!); came home and practised for a formation dance routine I'm a part of; and then a group formation dance class (to a fast and fun song) which has had me dancing the night away!

I couldn't have asked for things to go smoother today. No school, so I didn't have any excuse to delay getting started at my work (not that needs to be an excuse). No phone calls, no call in to work at my second job (though I did get a call with a job offer) and I had enough work to keep me busy all day (and hopefully a few more).

This is my goal. To have something on my agenda for the evening so that my work day must be within working hours. It's far too easy to get a late start when I'm working for myself, thinking I'll make the time up later. Here it is - 10 days from the end of the month and once again I'm in a panic trying to log enough hours to pay the bills. I must stop this cycle. The first step is to set deadlines for myself. Knowing my work day was complete by 4:45 p.m. gave me the energy to propel me through almost three hours of dancing fun.

Tomorrow's agenda? Another full work day (my goal is to start by 7:00 a.m.), I already know what I plan to cook for supper, followed by a one hour F.I.T. class after supper. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? More of the same (except dance classes in the evening instead of exercise).

This is only day #1. But it feels so good, I'm sure that this will be the motivating factor that pushes me out of the rut I've been in.

I'm not only resetting my clock, I'm recharging my energy levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment