Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So ... That Was a Weekend

I flipped back through the calendar to find out the last time that I took a complete, two day weekend. On a weekend. It was in July.

In August, I took off the holiday Monday. I didn't work on a Wednesday/Thursday. A Sunday/Monday. Then there was the Monday through Wednesday holiday. But not two, consecutive weekend days. Until this past weekend.

It was great.

I emailed, I talked with friends on the phone, I went to a play, I finished reading a book, I ran errands, I hung out with My Youngest for an afternoon one day and went to a Corn Maze with 'my boys' another, then had supper with My Oldest last night. And I slept.

Taking time off when 'the rest of the world' is off with you, is a wonderful thing. But then again ... so is taking time off when 'the rest of the world' is working.

I guess the secret, is to have a variance between those days of responsibility verses the days of relaxation. Because, do you know what? Three days off, was one day too long.

It feels good to be facing my responsibilities once again, after a weekend of rejuvination.

No comments:

Post a Comment