Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Up Before the Alarm

You know it's going to be a good day when you are wide awake and ready for the day before the alarm goes off.

I have this nasty habit of waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with a head full of words. I have habitually become accustomed to turning off my own internal dialogue by turning on the T.V. and letting someone else's words replace my own. It works like a charm.

So I get a slight thrill when I roll over to look at the clock and see the number "5" something on the clock.

Today, I woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm was due to go off. Fifteen minutes that I normally spend hitting the snooze button. But instead, I mulled over the day that I have ahead of me.

I will have to work at both of my jobs today which inspires me to get an early start on 'job #1'.

I have made a conscious decision to stop stressing about making the 160 hours-per-month goal with my bookkeeping job. I'm fighting the current on this one, so it's time to relax and just let go with the flow. I am close to my goal. That's good enough.

I know what I am cooking for supper tonight. Another great stress relief off of my plate.

I don't have to rush off after supper. I have a few hours of 'wiggle room' to do with as I please tonight. Work? Write? Practise dancing? Or simply frittering the time away. I have the ability to choose.

And I am rewarded with a dance lesson at the tail end of the day. This is always a good thing.

Today is a good balance of work, play, structure and down time. It was an easy day to get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment