Friday, September 10, 2010

You Know It's Time to Get a Life When ...

I was getting dressed for a rainy, chilly day today. I glanced over at my holey sock collection and reminisced about the end of the sock season this past spring. I recalled how pleased I was that the bare foot season of summer was upon us, because my socks were (literally) springing holes at every turn.

Then ... I had this flutter of excitement within, when I remembered having some spare new socks in my extra sock stockpile. Woo-hoo!! Happy dance! I love the way new socks feel. So 'complete' in their unholeyness. Soft and fresh. Ahhh ... if it's gotta be a sock day, let it be a new sock day!

I pulled out an untouched collection of three shades of blue socks. The light blue immediately got tossed into the pile of brand new light blue socks (they just don't match anything). Which left a medium blue and a darker blue (not navy). Which to wear? Which to wear??

I pulled out my jeans and tried to color match my socks to the shade of faded denim. Neither was perfect. It was then, that I caught myself. All of this?? Over a pair of socks!?!?

I uttered out loud, "Get a life!!', picked the medium blue pair (which incidentally are perfect for the day) and so the day began.

No comments:

Post a Comment