Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Zumba Has Lost its Zoom

I thought I noticed it the last time I had a Zumba class. Last night it was real. I have no zoom left in my Zumba ..

Those first weeks, I was hyped. I had that extra energy to take it up a notch. The last few weeks? Not so much.

Where did my 'zoom' go?

Is it because I should have been at home working, to catch up on all of the hours I'm short in my bookkeeping job?

Has my house cleaning spree taken its toll?

Am I stretched too far - adding too much to my life instead of cutting back?

Could it be that I shouldn't have been eating my supper as I was running out the door to my class?

Or that I'm having trouble following our instructor who flits around the room so I can't see what we are supposed to be doing; changes her position from facing us/to backing us and my brain has trouble translating the mixed leads; and the assumption that we know what we are doing without her step-by-step instruction?

Was it simply because my feet and joints were hurting as we kicked it up a notch and my very own body let me down?!

I like to think that I have the ability to pick myself up after a mentally exhausting day and divert my energy to doing something physical. So I'm going to keep on trying.

I am going to miss the Monday, Wednesday and Friday dance classes that I grew accustomed to, during our preparations for 'Ballroom With a Twist'. It won't be easy to find something that will take its place. But I won't stop looking.

I am planning on going to another Zumba class tonight ... and a Zumba party on Sunday. A couple that I met from our dance formation team teaches Zumba and I think I've found a way to carry a little piece of that 'something special' from our dance team and move it into my real world.

Maybe the zoom isn't missing from only my Zumba class ... maybe it is missing from my life in general. I'm not going to stop working to keep a little spice in my life ... a little pep in my step ... or a little zoom in my Zumba.

Onward! Life goes on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment