Monday, October 11, 2010

On Being Happy

Today is Thanksgiving. This post should be entitled 'On Being Thankful' ...

Truly, in my mind that is what being happy (for me) boils down to. Counting blessings, focusing on what I have, appreciating my family, friends and relationships and living a life with many options.

I have been belly aching about my work a lot lately. Maybe not the actual work, but the ebbs and flows and unreliable income. As of this moment, I am putting a sock in it. Enough already!!

This is what I do have:
  • I have two jobs
  • I have variety in my work
  • I work from my home (for the most part)
  • My work challenges me
  • I continue to learn-as-I-go ... I love learning!
  • I have flexibility to work in my hours when it works for me
  • I earn an income that supports my lifestyle
  • I have bosses that I admire, appreciate and enjoy
  • If I had the choice, I would choose to work for these people
  • Even if the perfect job fell into my lap, I would still want to work for these people
Last night, My Oldest was encouraging me to continue looking around and keep my options open. "Wouldn't it be nice to have one job? And work regular hours, Monday to Friday?"

I thought "Wouldn't it be nice to have one pay cheque ... that I could rely on? And benefits ... and holidays ...?!?"

My knee jerk reaction to our conversation was that I am where I am meant to be right now.

For that, and so much more .... I am beyond grateful. I live a charmed life and I know it.

I'm grateful for the challenges that help me appreciate all that I have.

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment