Sunday, October 10, 2010

Selective Thinking

"You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control."

Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

I went to see the movie 'Eat, Pray, Love' with a friend last night.

It is a movie where you should read the book first. It is full of such deep and provocative thoughts that it had my head spinning.

It didn't take me long to find the quote that resonated with me the most.

"Select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day."

I have been allowing myself to select the wrong thoughts lately. It is time to clean out my closet and cull out the negativity and self pity!

That is just what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment