Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perfect Days

Sunday is my favorite day of the week!

This morning, I awoke with an agenda. The first time I've had 'an agenda' for quite a while. Sunday or not ... I had to accomplish something with the day.

I succeeded.

From 6:00 until 10:30 a.m., I was busy doing and accomplishing tasks that I had set out before me. I had just showered and gotten 'prettied up' for the day when the phone rang. And it just never stopped!

A call from my mom. A call to go to work. A call to meet a good friend (pseudo-cousin) for coffee. Another call from my other job. A call to go out for supper (this must be the end of my 'birthday treats' that have been ongoing since October 2nd!!!). And emails ...

I had a nice visit with my mom. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with my cousin/friend that I haven't had an opportunity to visit with for years (and years!). It felt good to put in some work-hours (and much appreciated by my boss). Unfortunately, I couldn't be at all places at all times, so I must go out tomorrow morning to pick up my work from my other boss. And the day ended with a most enjoyable birthday supper with two out of three of My Sons.

It was an ideal balance of work, play, family and friendship. Perfect!!

What a most wonderful way to kick-start a bright and shiny new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment