Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in Review

I summarized my year in yesterday's post but after reading "Issa's" recap who had in turn used "All & Sundry's" Yearly recap format, I decided to utilize this 'question and answer' format to fill in a few important items that I missed previously (though I believe each and every item is documented in detail within the confines of this blog).

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

- Dance Competition, Dance Camp, Danced With the Stars

- Hosted pot luck gatherings (and unbeknownst to me, a surprise party) in my home … I’m convinced this is just a taste of what’s to come. A precursor to my dream of owning and running a Bed & Breakfast in the future.

- Finished school

- Zumba, Bellyfit, Salsa, Scottish Country Dancing

- Took a risk … made new friends

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

- I don’t make them (though in 2011, I must complete compiling the book of my dad's family's memories, that I have been puttering with the past few years)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

- A few great nephews (does Dec 28th, 2009 count?)

4. Did anyone close to you die?

- My brother’s family’s beloved cat

5. What countries did you visit?

- Does Montreal qualify? (I sure didn’t feel like I was still in Canada!)

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

- I lacked for nothing in 2010. My cup runneth over!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

- Feb 11 to 15 - Dance Competition in Montreal

- Apr 3rd – Family Easter gathering

- June 25-26 – Dance Camp & Potluck

- July 14th – Completed my schooling

- Oct 14th – “Danced With the Stars” at Ballroom With a Twist

- Nov 6th – Surprise Birthday party awaiting me at home after an evening out with my ‘Dance Formation Team’

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


- Dance Competition, Dancing With the Stars … and just plain dancing!!

- Making new friends

- Booking an Alaskan cruise for May 2011

9. What was your biggest failure?

- There is no such thing as failure! Only opportunities to learn!!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

- Do sore feet count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?

- New bedroom furniture from London Drugs!

12. Where did most of your money go?

- Dance Studio

- “Changes” salon (fake nails, fake tan, fake eyelashes, hair, make-up and everything girly!!)

13. What did you get really excited about?

- Can I say it again?? Dance Competition in Montreal!!

- My surprise birthday party ranks right up there with the Dance Competition

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?

- I Gotta Feeling (you got it … the theme song from the Dance Competition)

- Dynamite (the song I will forever associate to my new found love of “Zumba”!!

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

- Just as excited as last year! Last year I was anticipating The Great Dance Adventure. This year I am anticipating The Great Alaskan Cruise Holiday Adventure!

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

- I felt like I lived a ‘Goldilocks’ kind of year. Everything was ‘just right’!

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

- Same as #16

18. How did you spend Christmas?

- At Mom’s with all of my family

- Reconnected with my (ex) in-laws … opened a door for my children to walk through

19. What was your favorite TV program?

- "Private Practice". It gets to me … the writing, the acting, the everything. It’s my favorite!

20. What were your favorite books of the year?

- None stand out. I’m presently banishing myself from all books except my “Fitness Knowledge” home study course. I will allow myself the privilege of reading for pleasure once I complete this course, write a book and cross a few other items off of my to-do-list.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

- Simply rediscovering the wonderful world of music via Internet Radio “At Work With Star 104”

22. What were your favorite films of the year?

- "Morning Glory" comes to mind first and foremost, but a Friday Night Out with the girls was a fun-filled, (though short lived) tradition that took me out to see the first adult, chick-flick movies that I have seen in ... decades(?)

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

- A surprise (truly, completely, and totally 100%) party. I returned home from an evening with my Dance Formation team, to find a houseful of family and friends awaiting my return. Best gift I have ever received!! One of the (many) benefits of my milestone 50th birthday.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

- I don’t think anything could have made the year any better than it was. It was my best year so far!

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

- I have discovered the fun of pampering and enjoying just ‘being a girl’

26. What kept you sane?

- Writing, family, friends and dancing (each equally important to my sanity!)

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.


- “If you dream it … it can happen”. 2010 was the year that wishes came true for me.

- Friends are forever. 2010 will forever be The Year of My Friends as I reached out and made new friends, nurtured my existing friendships and reconnected with old friends. I have friends that feel like family and family that feel like friends.

- I live a blessed life.

Happy Greetings to All and to All a Great Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment