Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Love My Job!

After dragging myself through Monday, where every effort to put in a full day of work was met by a (self induced) obstacle, I put in a perfectly productive day on Tuesday. And it felt wonderful!

When I know what my day has in store, I can plan. Yesterday had the potential to go awry, but I nipped it in the bud. When my 'second job' called, I told him that I could really use a few good hours to tackle the work I had at hand. That worked perfectly into his day, and we were both able to efficiently plan the day ahead of us.

Blindly saying 'yes' to each and every opportunity to work is a good way to make an impression. It isn't a productive way to handle two jobs. By negotiating a compatible work day, I think we both win.

I love having flexibility. Monday was tough. But I was able to stop for a much needed 1 1/2 hour 'coffee break' with my Second Son. Our meeting of the minds inspired me and helped to propel me forward through not only the day ... but the months ahead.

I made up for that by working late into the evening. Not only did I get myself to a point where I knew I could handle whatever Tuesday had in store ... I vowed not to make a habit of working until 11:00 p.m.!

I love it when I have a busy day. The challenge of managing my time and accomplishing all that I have set out to do gets my adrenaline pumping. It feels very good to work.

If I can put in full time hours between my two jobs, I can afford a comfortable life style.

I have great plans for pushing for what I need, to make this arrangement work. Working primarily from home, with the need to put in work outside of my home as necessary is okay.

I will do what is necessary to succeed at the jobs that I have been given. I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment