Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pushing Through

I am working on a 'home study' course at the moment. It is actually a very good thing that I have this on hand in this life-as-I-know-it.

Two days ago, I hit a wall with my bookkeeping. Stuck. Waiting for the 'okay' to move forward. I'm not certain that the starting point is correct. So I wait.

Job Number Two. I expected a call yesterday. It didn't come.

I thought the day could turn around at any moment. An email getting the go-ahead to move forward with my latest bookkeeping task. A call to go into work. Nothing.

When I saw that possibility unfolding yesterday morning, I opened my books. I declared it a study day.

This course is full of information that I have never heard before. I am wading through it but not absorbing a lot. Thankfully the exam is open book. But I peeked ahead at the exam at the end. It will be beyond challenging.

Ten chapters down. Two to go. Then the exam. Slowly but surely. I will get it done.

Then there is my dad's family's Book Project. Yet another challenge that awaits. When I complete my course, I will devote my down-time to that.

I have amassed a lot of memories. I must organize, sift and style them into the fashion of a book. I have a deadline. I will do this.

In this long, cold, dark month of January ... I shall push through. Work as much as I can. Study in the hours that should be filled with work. I will continue to motivate myself to get to work on the Book Project.

One small step at a time, I will set out to accomplish all that I plan to do. Forward momentum. I just need to keep taking steady steps forward. I can do this. And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment