Thursday, January 6, 2011

Self Fulfilling Prophecies

Yesterday morning, I posted my blog "I Love My Job" at 8:38 a.m.

At precisely 8:48 a.m., I sent an email to my employer letting her know that I was almost caught up with the work at hand and I was ready, willing and able to do anything to keep me busy.

I started working at about 9:15 a.m. and about an hour later, the only job I had left to do was to stamp the return mail address on a box of 500 envelopes (yes, as I tell my Youngest Son ... I do get paid to do this!).

It was at that point that I started second guessing myself on my earlier post "I Love My Job". Negativity was right around the corner and I thought I may have to retract that post. But instead, it was as if the positive vibes I sent out earlier in the day were rewarded.

I wandered over to check for any incoming emails. My employer and I have yet to find the ideal means of communication. I phone ... and they are busy. I email ... and they don't get around to checking it. I leave messages ... and the message isn't passed along ... or they don't have time to call back ... or they forget? ... Internet troubles ... Technical difficulties. You name it, we seem to have run across it. But yesterday?? I received a speedy reply to my email. She had work for me! All I had to do was come and get it. Instant happy!!

I was elated (yes, little things make me very happy) to find out that we had the missing invoices that I required, to complete a project (balancing a core book) that I have become very invested in; another small project to do; and bills to pay. Yee haw!! Work to carry me through the day and into the next. I was thrilled.

I packed up my little treasure trove of work (formerly known as Pandora's Box, as I have had many not-so-wonderful encounters with the above mentioned projects), and happily drove back home.

I ran into a snag when my 'core book' was out $110.00 and I just couldn't walk away from it (though I tried). I was determined to find that outage. That core book has become my baby. I have gone back close to three years and 'rebuilt' it from scratch to ensure it balanced. I was on a mission.

It took the better part of the afternoon, but I found the outage. I felt like I'd conquered the world. It was a very good day to be a bookkeeper.

And it all started by telling the world "I Love My Job".

I thought of the mantras that continually run through my head: "I love my life" ... "I am blessed" ... "I am happy" ... "I am healthy" ... "I admire who my children are and who they are becoming" ... "I have the best family in the world" ... "I have the greatest bunch of friends" ... "I love dancing/Zumba/writing/and the list grows" ... And I wondered if I am stating what I want and expect in my life and making it happen?? Or am I just that lucky?

I am going to try it out again today. "I still love my job". And today I have an extra bounce in my step because I have my dance lesson tonight. And I love, love, love dancing!!

Let the day begin!! I'm ready! Because simply put ... "I love my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment