Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Three Minutes Late

I almost forgot about my appointment to donate blood last night. I was leisurely clearing off the table for supper when I found the notification (that I had placed on the table on purpose yesterday morning) reminding me of my appointment.

I wolfed down my supper, hastily tidied the kitchen and I ran into a few snags as I tried racing out the door in time (this is nothing unusual for me, but I normally 'budget' for the five minutes it takes for me to get out the door).

Traffic was slow, so I made good time. I ran up to the building and the security guard was there to hold the door open to me. I thanked him and asked if he was ushering me in because I was late. His only concern was that I slow down so that I didn't slip on the ice.

Because I was three minutes late, I ended up waiting behind a new donor. Had I been on time, I would have sped through the checking in process and been quickly on my way.

Had I arrived five to ten minutes early (as normally would have), I wouldn't have been at that exact place at that exact time.

I ended up running into a couple that I know. And because all three of us were behind this new donor (which takes longer to go through the processes), we ended up having a nice, leisurely chat as we waited.

As I left the building an hour later, the security guard once again held the door open for me and said, "See? It didn't matter that you were late did it?" I replied that it was actually a good thing.

Sunday, a completely out of the ordinary set of circumstances brought me exactly where I needed to be to help a stranded young girl home.

A few days ago, a friend and I were emailing back and forth about a class that we were considering taking. It is really hard to pick up a 'voice' in an email at times, so I wasn't sure if my friend was really in a position to go forward with this or not. There was a high probability the classes could have been full. So we decided to take the plunge and just go ahead email our request to register for a class.

Long story short, the day we picked couldn't have been more perfect (due to the arrangements that she has to make to attend). Her mom had a better day yesterday (after several worrisome ones). And then we found out that our 'chosen' day had openings and our request had been accepted. All of the cards fell easily into place. And all we had to do was 'pick a day' ...

It's really rather amazing. Going with the flow of life often takes you exactly where you are meant to be. At the time you are meant to be there. These small coincidences are truly a miracle ...

No comments:

Post a Comment