Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

Monday was an over-the-top, too-full kind of day. It exhausted me. Then there was the rest of the week.

Tuesday evening's plans got cancelled at the last minute. Almost simultaneously, I found out that my nephew needed a place to stay overnight in the city. So I used my free time to clean a path to a room he could sleep in (plus the room itself and the closest bathroom).

I have been lamenting the fact that I just don't feel like wasting time cleaning lately. I complained out loud in Tuesday morning's blog post that I needed room to breathe in my days. Tuesday evening, life created a scenario where I got exactly what I asked for.

This was followed by Wednesday. A day where I had no paying job vying for my services. A day where I could follow through on a promise that I had made to My Oldest. A day where I had time to go out for lunch with My Second Son. An evening where there was ample time to chat with my Zumba instructor after her class, plus pick up a snack for My Youngest on the way home.

I have been doing a lot of 'breathing' since Tuesday morning's post. My jobs may not be paying the bills this week, but I have no shortage of things to fill my time.

I don't know what today will bring. If the phone rings and I'm called into work, I'll be thrilled. If work doesn't come my way, I have an open book exam to work on.

Slowly but surely, I'm crossing a few things off of my things-to-do-before-I'm-allowed-to-go-on-an-Alaskan-cruise-list. Yes ... I'm going on the cruise no matter what. But I'm certain that it will only enhance the cruise experience if I leave a clean slate at home. Thus, I have created a list.

Now I must be off. I'm only a few days away from completing the course I'm working on. I have a book to write and another course to complete in March (thank goodness it is in a classroom setting, so it has a defined start and finish date). Then I can start devoting my time to memorizing and choreographing Zumba routines!

One of these days very soon, I shall allow myself the gift of getting lost in a work of fiction. The desire to sit down and read is growing by the day. I have a few more items to cross off 'my list' before I allow myself that privilege. I know the day is coming soon ...

Start small. Strive for the small things that make you happy. Build yourself up for success. See the end goal. Ask ... and you shall receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment