Saturday, February 5, 2011

Great Weeks Begin With a Great Weekend

I worked a full 40 hour week this past week! Within the confines of Monday to Friday. One day I worked until 7:30, but two days I was finished at 4:30. But I did it! The weekend has arrived and I have earned two days off!!

I completed what I set out to do. There was a sense of accomplishment to my days as I scratched off the must-do items in my job(s).

I made time for 'me' at the end of each day. This past week, I was out of the house each night of the week. But it doesn't have to be that way. I know I can find that time within our home.

I seem to have become addicted to keeping physically active. But more importantly, I have come to recognize the value of being a small part of a whole. Socializing and being around people. Zumba-lust, Salsa and ballroom dancing have provided me with the perfect combination of physical activity and contact with people.

Music has found its way into each corner of my life. My job is very repetitive and mundane most days. So I turn on the music. I sing my heart out and practice my upper body 'moves' in the car as I drive. Zumba ... Salsa ... ballroom dancing. They all revolve around music. My heart is singing, my feet are dancing and I am swept away by my new favorite music (which changes like the wind).

My family is the other background 'music' to this life of mine. I was able to help My Second Son with his books this past week. I have promised to help My Oldest sort through some closets and do some organizing in his home. My Youngest (at age 12) doesn't need much from me. But this past week, I have been thrilled that he wants me to make him a morning smoothie. He's not a big lover of food, so it is with great relief that I concoct this morning kick-start 'meal' for him. My family doesn't need much from me, but I'm glad they still need some things.

Work. A sense of accomplishment. Alone time. Physical activity. Social activities. Music. Family. Not listed in the order of importance ... but each a vital part of my state of mental and physical health.

This most excellent week began with a perfect combination of all-things-important to me last weekend. And the good news? This upcoming weekend's forecast is 'more of the same'.

An outing with a friend, 'knowing' that I will most likely be talking with my mom later today, working on my course and a family supper are on this weekend's agenda.

It looks like this weekend will a perfect mix of everything I need and want in my life. A weekend to rest and recharge myself for whatever next week has to throw my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment