Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm Grateful

I wish ... that groceries replenished themselves. I have a list that is growing by the day and I simply don't want to take the time to go shopping. I have not left the house for three days and it has been heavenly.

I'm grateful ... that I have the ability to run out and buy those groceries. I have a fully functioning body that does what I want it to do, a car to take me there and the ability to pay for what we need.

I wish ... that I woke up with eyelashes and eyebrows that I could see without the aid of mascara and eyebrow pencil.

I'm grateful ... that I have two fully functioning eyes. I can see out of them and I can only hope, that if they are the windows to my soul, that those who look into them see someone worthy inside.

I wish ... that I knew all that I needed to know to write my upcoming exam.

I'm grateful ... that I have the time and ability to study. Slowly but surely I am getting there.

I wish ... that money was a non-issue. Not just for me, but for everyone. To earn enough so that you know you can pay the bills and live a comfortable life is enough. Excess is not what I wish for ... simply 'enough'.

I'm grateful ... for my ability to earn a pay cheque. I have been wavering in an uncertain spot for quite some time, but I still feel like I have choices. If those options were taken away, where would I be? I'm grateful for what I have.

I wish ... that there was enough time in the day to do everything that I wished I could do.

I'm grateful ... that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. Because it means that my life is full, each day is a gift and I have endless reasons to keep looking towards the future with anticipation.

For my children ...

I wish ... that they didn't have to learn things the hard way. I wish that they had inherited all that I have learned so that life didn't have to teach them so much.

I'm grateful ... that they are open and receptive to the lessons which they have been given. I'm grateful that they talk with me and tell me about their thoughts, hopes and dreams.

For everything in this world I wish for, I have something of greater value that I am grateful for. Above all else, I hope that my children appreciate these things in their lives as well.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment