Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Coming From All Angles

Do you ever feel like 'the world' is speaking to you because you are getting the same message from completely and entirely different people in your life?

Yesterday, the essence of the same thought came to me from my mom, a friend at the dance studio and one of my favorite blog writers.

The long and short of it is ... I have just over a month to squeeze myself into my existing ballgown (for an upcoming dance showcase).

Mom: "You could lose 10 pounds in a month!"
Friend: "You have time to lose the weight"
Blog Writer: "I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred ..."

I didn't put it all together until this morning. "30 Day Shred" = "I could lose 10 pounds in a month" = "I have time to lose the weight".

I Googled "30 Day Shred". I read a brief write up on what it is and what it has the potential to do. I watched some video clips.

It wasn't until I watched the videos that I realized that this could also be a part of the other equation going on in my life. My goal of leading a Zumba Fitness Class.

I could take a little of what I learn from a non-Zumba environment and incorporate it into a some fun and dance moves. I think of Zumba as dancing ... but in reality, it is dance fitness. I should focus on the fitness part of that equation.

Three different people from three vastly different parts of my world. Two planted the seed. One presented a solution. It all adds up.

When 'the world' speaks and the same message comes to you, from several different corners of your world ... listen.

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh a ballgown? Nice.

    Thank you for this. You are so sweet. I am adding you to my list. My shred buddies list. (May take a bit, as I need my blog guru to actually do it. I break things. Ahem.) I think we will start next week...as soon as some of us get the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issa, I ordered the DVD this morning and expect it early next week. I'm so excited to be on your list!!

    ReplyDelete