Monday, February 28, 2011

Like a Sponge

Yes ... I'm still writing about studying.

No ... I'm not saying that I'm taking in all of this knowledge like a sponge.

What I am saying ... is that like a sponge, I can only absorb so much before I hit a saturation point and all that is added beyond that point runs through my brain the way water runs through a fully saturated sponge.

So ... I walk away and create diversions for myself. I take time to try and process what I'm learning so that when I 'wring out' the excess, I come back with room to take in a little more.

Today is "The Day Before the Exam". I have a finite amount of hours left. I have only so much room in my brain.

I will continue to read, write, study, process, walk away and return to repeat that process. I have 29 hours.

Hopefully this brain of mine will have absorbed enough information so that I don't have to repeat the process of writing the exam as well.

Learning is good. Learning is a challenge that is positive. Deadlines create the need to settle in and work at something until it is done to the best of your ability. Exams test 'all of the above'.

I don't love exams. But they are a necessary part of the process ...

Tomorrow afternoon, I hope to take this saturated brain (aka: sponge) of mine and go 'clean up' that exam.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment