Saturday, February 19, 2011

Making the Most of What You Have

My most recent challenge has been logging enough hours in a week to pay the bills. This has been much more difficult than it was supposed to be, but I'm making the most of it.

This month has been productive. I haven't worked a lot of hours for my Main Employer, but my own children have needed me to work a little for them. I've had the time to do so. That is a gift.

Even though I work like there will be an endless supply of more incoming work to fill the void, it hasn't been happening. So I've worked on the course that I have been taking. That has been something that I needed to do.

The work that I did for my children was just as important as my paying job. I'm grateful that I could do it and that my 'full-time' work didn't make it impossible.

I have set out (almost) impossible deadlines for myself with this course that I am taking. I wouldn't have a hope of succeeding with my goal if I was working full time. My lack of work has given me the opportunity to succeed at what I have set out to do.

I don't know what lies ahead with my job. I have been working for this employer for 2 1/2 years and nothing has changed. The work comes in ebbs and flows. I have been told time and time again that this will change. It hasn't. I must face my reality. Soon.

In the mean time, I must study for an exam and compile my dad's family memories into a book. So I will utilize all of the down time at my disposal so that I can successfully put those tasks into my 'done' folder and move on.

I have set a self imposed deadline. I will see where things are at after my Alaskan cruise. I need the time prior to that, to get my life in order. After I succeed at that, I must create a void in my life that can be filled with work.

I have this oddly optimistic feeling that I am creating what I need in my life to make this work.

Right now, I need to complete what I have begun. The work is slow. Thus, I have created an opportunity to succeed at another venture that I am working towards.

Once I return from my cruise (if I succeed at doing what I have set out to do before I leave), I will have a void in my life. A void that may be filled with an endless supply of hopes, dreams and goals.

It is my goal to be ready to lead my first Zumba class by September. From that starting point, I plan to hone my leadership/fitness goals so that those who attend my class want to keep coming back. The picture in my mind, is creating a sense of fun and an opportunity to work with a group in not only becoming more physically fit, but to enhance their self esteem. I can see it. I can feel it. This picture is so vivid in my mind, I cannot imagine it not becoming a reality.

If I succeed (even if only marginally) at that goal, there is an opportunity for me to actually make money at doing something that I enjoy!! My need to search for a different day job may become a non-issue. I have this overwhelming sense of knowing, that will  be the case. When my life has created a void, the work will come. I can feel it in my bones.

I truly believe that I am exactly where I need to be right now. I would not be in a place to be successful in attaining my next set of goals, if my life was any different.

I have a vision of where I want to go and how to make the most out of each and every opportunity that comes my way. I have a goal of approaching someone and suggesting that they should hire me. Not yet. I am far from ready. One year from now, I will be close.

I look at where I am. I acknowledge that things are not as I had hoped they would be.

I look ahead. I visualize that it could be better than I had ever dreamed.

That dream would not be a reality, if things were as I had originally hoped.

When life doesn't happen according to plan, make the most of it. Instead of fighting against the current, go with the flow and see where it takes you. Your future could far exceed your expectations. Simply by making the most out of what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment