Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Bounce in My Step

The bounce is back ... after a week of hobbling.

My feet simply were not meant to be restrained. Two months of abuse in running shoes and trying my best to give it all at my Zumba classes equals pain.

I went to my friendly neighborhood podiatrist yesterday morning and he tended to my tender tootsies. Thanks to some 'home doctoring' of my own, they were more of a mess than they were the first time I visited his office. He filed off the dead skin, applied some magical cream, some padding between the two offending toes, bandaged me up and sent me on my way.

I 'Zumba'ed' to my heart's content last night. And my tender toes, wrapped in their oh-so-magical bandages were happy.

I wondered aloud if my bandaged toes would fit into my dance shoes and My Youngest said "I don't really think looks matter, if they feel better ..." True. Very true. But I don't think my bandages will survive a shower, so I'll doctor up my fragile little toes and take them out dancing tonight.

Yes, the bounce is back in my step. In more ways than one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment