Monday, March 14, 2011

Bring it On!

I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and I'm ready for whatever this week has in store. As it is with each bright and shiny new day, anything is possible.

There have been times when I have wished for a crystal ball to help me see past a dark time, far into the future. Just to know if there is a happy ending in there somewhere.

The more life I experience, the more I appreciate the fact that we have no idea what is coming.

The good wouldn't be so great if we were expecting it. Happy little surprises in life are like little windfalls. The unexpected turns an ordinary moment into the extraordinary.

What if we did know that some personal catastrophe was headed our way? If life-as-I-know-it has a tragic event around the corner, I do not want to see it coming.

I choose to live my life appreciating the fact that I don't know what life has in store for me. I acknowledge my blessings regularly. It has become a habit to me.

What if something were to happen to me? Heaven forbid that something were to happen to someone else ...  I want those who touch my life to know what they mean to me.

Life is precious. I handle it with care.

Yes, this week is yet to unfold. I don't know what to expect ... but I do know that I have nothing but hope. Hope of new beginnings, being enveloped in family moments and a dose of day-to-day living tossed in ... just to keep me on my toes.

Whether it is good or bad ... surprise me. I'm ready. Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment