Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Been a Very Good Week

This week has been a little of the mundane, some challenge, some discomfort, a little bit of life, a lot of activity and a little dose of wonder ...

Mundane, tedious and inconsequential tasks that I've been dealing with at work. Necessary, but they don't provide that sense of accomplishment that I crave. That's life.

Challenge, as I stopped my employer yesterday morning before she ran off to her desk. "I just want to talk with you for a minute, to be sure we are on the same page with job expectations ...", was how I started that conversation. We were most definitely on different pages. That explains a lot. I'm not sure that I love this 'book' we are in. Perhaps several chapters later will be good, but I've been saying that for 2 1/2 years. At least I know where I stand. That is important.

Discomfort, as my feet have been causing me a little bit of distress. Nothing that a nice little dose of 'doctoring' couldn't cure. But two hours in my dance shoes last night was a little excessive. I'm grateful that I don't have to tax these tender tootsies until Monday night.

Life - that which happens when you are making other plans. The dryer quit last night. Last week it was the computer. Small little things. Last year I decided that a student on a budget should not buy a new dryer, if repairing it was an option. It turns out that I was richer as a student than I am, as a working person. My dryer is one of a dying breed and they don't make parts for it any more. So a new dryer it is. Sigh ...

Just the right amount of activity. Zumba, dancing, working, the '30 Day Shred', errands and filling all of the nooks and crannies of the day with something-to-do. It's been a good pace. I'm energized and pushing through. It's good to be busy.

A little dose of wonder as I explore a new friendship. Making a friend is a wonderful thing. The people that come and go through our lives ... the Reason, Season or Lifetime poem comes to mind when I meet new people. A friend is a friend and I'm grateful for any opportunity to add a new one into my life. This enjoyable distraction has made a somewhat challenging week a little bit easier.

All in all, I've had a very good week. Life is very good when there is a balance of the good, the bad and the ugly. You mix it all together and overall ... it is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment