Friday, March 25, 2011

Off Again

This time I knew in advance that I would be leaving. I never did completely unpack my suitcase and I've been adding to it all week.

As it stands, my suitcase is full of miscellaneous items to occupy my time in the quietness of Mom's home. I packed a book. I haven't read a book in eons! I picked up a few cheap movies (chick flicks) - light and easy entertainment value. The past 2 weeks of Sunday papers (I haven't had time to read them or do the crossword puzzles). A writing pad and pen.

Oh ... how I wish I was packing a lap top. Oh well. It's good for me to be unconnected for a little while so that I have a chance to appreciate the finer parts of life-without-an-Internet-connection.

What is not in my suitcase? Clothes. Why? Because our two week old drier quit last night shortly after I loaded it with a load of clothes.

Wet clothes (in the washing machine) was my only issue when we made our last minute trip the last time. Wet clothes (in a broken drier) is once again my only issue. Even when I plan in advance, wet clothes seem to be my nemesis. What is the lesson here? I don't know yet. Certainly there is something to be learned. Just buy new clothes perhaps??

I have accomplished a lot with the four days that I have been home. I hope that I feel that same sense of accomplishment after a week out at Mom's.

I'm on a mission. We are in search of answers to questions and solutions to whatever the doctors may uncover. I know that this is out of my hands, but I will do my best. I will taxi Mom around the city to her various appointments and hopefully we will find some answers on our travels.

I guess this means radio silence for a while as I go and fulfill the role of "Driving Miss Margaret" around her fair city. I do believe that she wished for a chauffeur that lived in her garage and simply came a-running when she needed them. Since it is still pretty chilly outside, I do hope that indoor accommodations will be provided.

I  jest, of course. I'm actually looking forward to the honor of having this week with Mom. I know that it will be a week to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment