Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting Ready

I have just over three weeks to organize my life so that I will be ready to set off of my All About Friends Holiday.

The preparations have begun!

ΓΌ I read (and read and read) the tons of literature, checked further into the cruise line's website and made inquires as to all of those boring little things one must tend to (vaccinations, required identification, baggage requirements/restrictions).

@ I have devised a ways and means of trying to update my blog as kind of 'travelling postcard' while I am away. I purchased a 'netbook' (a mini laptop) to take with me on my travels. I can write to my heart's content, then when I am able to connect with the Internet I can 'copy and paste' my ramblings to my blog without spending a lot of money on Internet charges (I hope).

Q  I have purchased a few luggage items which will fulfill my carry-on needs; my last night on the cruise overnight-bag needs; and my excursion needs. Boring little task, but fun because I can already envision myself utilizing these items and feel a sense of what is upcoming.

C I have booked various appointments prior to my departure. Some have absolutely nothing to do with the holiday. Others do. But the appointments that I am anticipating the most? The hair and the nails! Fun stuff. I seem to precede every Great Event of my life lately with a trip to my most favorite salon.

@ I have written Letters To My Youngest. One letter for him to open each day that I am away. In doing so, I have catapulted myself forward and I am now fully anticipating the events of each and every day of the Great Alaskan Adventure. In giving this gift to my son, I am reaping the rewards of an in depth preview of what is yet to come.

J I am taking full advantage of the time at my disposal before my vacation to get together with friends and family. I am filling up the waiting time with some of my favorite things to do - making memories within the confines of my regularly scheduled life. I feel like I'm creating a sense of fun and adventure within my world at home. This is one of the (many) reasons that home is my most favorite place in the world.
This holiday has absolutely nothing to do with escaping my reality. It is all about enhancing what I already have.
It's not so much of a check list. It is an emotional prelude of what is yet to come, while savoring every minute of my much cherished reality at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment