Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer Sunshine

Oh, to wake up to the sun and blue sky! Summer is on its way.

My Youngest and I made an early morning trip to Walmart today. What did I notice and revel in as we made our way to our remote Walmart destination?

Clean streets. The street cleaners have been out in earnest. The main routes and residential areas (our street in particular) are looking so good now that they are minus the gravel and all that accumulates over the winter.

Green grass. It is everywhere! Even in our front yard (the back yard is plagued with the evidence that a female dog lives here). My Second Son has tidied up, raked, fertilized, aerated and even mowed the lawn already. It appears to be his mission to make our yard be the best it can be this year. Ahhh ... greenery.

Trees in bud. It won't be long. The trees will soon be as green as the grass. I'll bet one could sit back and almost watch it happen now. It is close.

It simply feels fresh and clean after a dirty, dusty, muddy spring. I love the freshness that is in the air.

A brand new season is dawning. Anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment