Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Hope the Coffee Works Today

I have been on a mission the past few days. I thought I may have only a few days to complete it. So I have allowed myself to become consumed. Now I am spent.

I have been cleaning out the used trailer that My Son & His Girlfriend bought. They have been kind enough to lend it out to us (me, My Youngest and my Mom) for the upcoming weekend/week. One kindness deserves another ... so I have been busy.

I wish that I had the ambition and enthusiasm to clean my own home. A short while ago, I was eager to help unpack and clean My Oldest's new home. New dirt is so much more fun than old dirt. That was my motto during that energetic phase.

I did utilize some of that residual energy to revamp our home a little bit. But that was short lived spree. I had to tend to a few other important matters (attending a family gathering and an Alaskan cruise for example). So ... the old dirt within our home got older.

Then came the mission of cleaning this trailer. Hmmm, let me think ... 150 sq ft of trailer verses 1,000 sq ft of home. Trailer wins!

It was almost fun to clean those 'cute little blinds'. Five small windows. Five small sets of blinds. I cleaned windows, light fixtures, bathroom, walls/ceilings/floors and all of the nooks and crannies.

The most satisfying part? Was finding that the previous owners also cleaned these spots. Sure ... there was a little bit of dust, a few fly corpses and evidence that a mouse spent a night (not much evidence ... I think the mouse went and found a home that came equipped with food).

Even more satisfying? Starting and completing my mission within an eight hour period. One work day. And the entirety of this house (not including the outside) is clean!

Then came the fun part. Moving in.

I thought the move would be simpler than it has become. What started out as a 'place to call home' for My Youngest (as I convinced him to come along with me this weekend, when I know that he would prefer to stay home) ... has become an oasis for My Mom to enjoy after we leave.

It isn't official, but I heard 'yes' in her voice yesterday morning when I told her that My Son invited her to stay on in their trailer for a few days after our Home Town Reunion this weekend. She would be camped out in my cousin's yard. Our home town is so small that everything is a 'stones throw' away. She would be surrounded by family and old friends. Her sister lives seven miles away ...

So my goals changed as I started packing. I want Mom to feel at home while she stays on. So I added a few small touches (the ability to make coffee and toast) to my original plan.

Then ... My Son & His Girlfriend will be picking up their trailer as they are en route to their own weekend destinations after that. So they will be able to utilize some of the conveniences that I may be able to provide for their trailer.

One small idea has morphed into larger proportions than I expected at the onset. My mind has been busy trying to account for all of the different variables. So this morning? I felt spent.

The caffeine (and a shower) have worked their magic. I feel transformed and energized. It is a very good thing because I have a meeting with Destiny this morning. I wasn't feeling too good about that in my washed out state of the early morning hours.

Amazing what a cup of java and a shower will do. Yesterday ... the trailer. Tomorrow ... the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment